Monday, January 19, 2009

The Pain Of Life

Hello all, I hope that you are doing well on this fine cold day. I know I have been away for awhile, I have been trying to get a project done. This project was laying ceramic tile in my utility room, which is a back breaking task. It is nearly done, all I have left to do is to seal the grout and move everything back to its location which is a job in and of itself. I tell you this to tell you about the pain that is life, Ok not really but life is full of pain that much is true.
This job has made my back sore and my legs, well they have been stiff to say the least. This is because no matter how much you think you are in shape your body needs static work to reach all the muscles. What is static movement?
It is the movement and or sustained muscle flex either do to an exercise or in my case prolonged work in one or two positions. This forces the muscle to stay contracted with little more than its own weight on any specific muscle group at any one time.
My pain was due to the fact that I spent the entire time on my knees hovering over the tile but not touching it. This is a great workout if you can work it in, but doing it over and over without rest will give you more pain than you need.

Don't get me wrong there will be pain but it should be minor, and if you don't feel some pain then you are not getting a good workout or not doing it right. In many cases I have clients that will want to work their abs and they will not feel the burn in the abs like they have grown a costumed too in other areas of their bodies. This is because your body has its own way of getting stronger, it will concentrate the friction more on the weaker supporting muscles like your lower back and upper legs. So if you can't get that burn you need in your abs do some lower back exercises. Running will give your lower abs a great work out no matter where you are in your fitness journey. Running will help cut out the V that we wish we could get more defined.

As for the static workout do some research and work some of this into your workout routine, it will help you pull out some of those hard to reach muscles.
Now go get sore!

No comments: