The Seven Truths About Obesity by obesity specialist Gus Prosch Jr., M.D.
1. If you’re obese, you have a lifetime disease.
2. Your metabolic processes will always tend to be abnormal.
3. You cannot eat what others eat and stay thin.
4. Anyone can lose weight and stay slim provided the causes of weight gain are determined, addressed, and corrected.
5. Understanding insulin metabolism is the key to losing weight intelligently.
6. There is absolutely no physiological requirement for sugar or processed foods in your diet.
7. You cannot lose weight and keep it off successfully by strictly and solely following any special diet, by taking a weight-loss pill, or by following an exercise program. To succeed, you must address all the contributing factors causing obesity. And you must make exercise and physical activity a lifetime effort.