Monday, May 4, 2009

Makers Diet

I am conducting some what of an experiment with my body, as you may well know I have intentionally put on weight in the past 6 months. I was previously under weight at 145 pounds, at 6' that is considerably under weight so I decided to try and gain weight and muscle as healthy as I could. This meant eating every six hours and working out more frequently, which I did and made it to my desired weight of 201.5 pounds in a little less than 6 months. That may seem like a lot, and to most it is, but my intension was not to stay here. I reached this weight quickly for a couple of reasons, one was the rigorous weight training I was doing and two being I was also training for a half marathon (13.1 miles). So there was a lot of carbs involved but not the carbs you expect.

I ate very well using sprouted breads and cereal not to mention pasta as well as a ton of veggies both fresh and in the form of Perfect Food by Garden Of Life. Most of the weight went to my legs and lower torso expanding my jean size form 32 to 34. This happened because I was using these muscles the most, with running. My weight training regiment was good but not what it could be do to the restrictions of the marathon training schedule. There were some gains in the upper body but not a lot, this is where the experiment comes in.

I did all of this with the intension of finishing the marathon with really no intension of running very much more do to the trauma on my knees and shins. Your body is not designed to run on hard surfaces over a long period of time, this is killer on your body and will cause a lot of injuries. Knee replacement are very common with runners and athletes its really quite ridiculous, people plan on it and it should never be the case. I will save this for another blog at another time.
My plan was to finish the race and start the Makers Diet to see what I can do about getting cut, mass and detoxing my body all while finding my "perfect weight."

Your "perfect weight' is a weight based on your frame and height, and not so much a scale decided by a board of M.D.'s somewhere. I am on this quest if you will, right now I have started the "diet" and this is the end of the first week. I am a believer in the diet because I believe in the Word Of God, this diet uses the very principles of the levitical law. I have been living the 3 phase for about 5 years now without ever really committing to the full diet. This is how I gained the weight by eating more than one daily portion of whatever I wanted and doing it with the strictness of the 3rd phase.

Now I am taking my body on the journey of the Makers Diet for health and cleansing and watching it transform in the process.I have already lost about 7 pounds and moving towards 10 by the end of the week. Although weight loss is good I am not really looking to get much lower than the high 180's. Its getting rid of the aches and pains, renewing my digestive system, and my skin as well as working on muscle tone these are my goals and I will keep you posted on my progress. Look for another post on this next monday.

No comments: